NetPlus! Master of Science in Accounting
What is NetPlus?
The NetPlus! Master of Science in Accounting (MSA) is a mized-mode MSA degree, which is often called a hybrid MSA or a blended MSA. This approach combines the personal interaction of a traditional face-to-face MSA supplemented with an online MSA experience. This format offers the networking benefits of in-class experiences with the convenience of online learning. The NetPlus! MSA is designed to be accessible to busy working professionals from a wide geographic area. While we do not call the program an executive MSA, virtually all of our NetPlus! students are working full-time.
Utilizing this format, 60% of coursework is completed online and the remaining 40% of the program is in the classroom. The NetPlus! MSA is also similar to a weekend MSA since the in-class meetings occur on two weekend (Friday and Saturday) per semester. These weekend "residencies" focus on the benefits of interaction among students and the professor. The interactions are enhanced through lectures, group discussions, debates, simulations, guest speakers, team-based learning, presentations, and many other engaging activities. As you can see, the NetPlus! format is a combination of a weekend MSA, an online MSA, and a traditional in-class MSA.
WHAT IS THE MS IN ACCOUNTING?
The NetPlus! MS in Accounting program is designed to help students meet the challenges of a dynamic professional career in accounting. Students will emerge from the MSA prepared to complete the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam as well as other professional certifications in accounting. The MSA program is open to students with an undergraduate accounting degree and those from all other disciplines. The NetPlus! MSA program is designed to ensure all students to succeed, no matter their educational background; and also allows students to complete the 150 credit hours required to become a Certified Public Accountant (CPA). Students without business courses in their educational background may need additional courses to meet CPA requirements. See the CPA Requirements tab for more details.
The University of Michigan-Flint School of Management MSA faculty enable students to develop an advanced understanding of concepts and essential skills for today's accounting practices. the MSA faculty are experienced, tested, and respected experts in their field, and bring practical knowledge into the online and traditional classroom. In addition, MSA faculty are highly accessible and committed to your success as a student and as a professional.
The MSA program also provides to students the opportunity to further develop skills such as: communication, critical and analytical thinking, integration of key knowledge, creating support structures, and the ability to effectively interact with a diverse demographic plus more.
|NetPlus! Weekend Residency Schedule|
|7:30 am - 8:30 am||Catered Breakfast / Networking|
|8:30 am - 12:30 pm||AM Class Session|
|12:30 pm - 1:30 pm||Catered Lunch / Networking|
|1:30 pm - 5:30 pm||PM Class Session|
A light snack is also served during the afternoon class session.
Residency session attendance is mandatory.
NOTE: If a NetPlus! MSA student takes two courses in the same semester (one AM Course and one PM Course), that student will be on campus for the entire day on both Friday and Saturday of each weekend residency. If a student elects to take a single course in a semester, said student will be on campus for 1/2 of each day Friday and Saturday, either the morning of afternoon session, depending on when which time slot the course is scheduled. When registering for courses, students should elect only one course for each time slot (AM or PM). Students can take a maximum of two courses per semester in the NetPlus! MSA due to the on-campus sessions.
Netplus! MSA REQUIREMENT
Please refer to the online catalog for the NetPlus! MSA requirements.
Students can pursue dual MBA/MSA degrees and double count courses toward both degree requirements. See Dual Degrees for more details.
This is a competitive scholarship for students admitted to the MSA program. Students eligible for this scholarship must have a minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA, calculated by the School of Management, and a 500 GMAT score. Students selected for this scholarship will be awarded a $3,000 scholarship. The award will be disbursed in the student’s first two semesters, $1,500 first semester and $1,500 second semester. Each student receiving the award must maintain half-time status during their first two semesters to receive the scholarship.