Continued working relationship with Faculty Council
The councils developed a survey to gather feedback from staff and faculty members about the desired qualities and vision for leadership at UM-Flint. The results of the survey were shared with the Chancellor’s Search Committee.
- Encouraged participation in the survey to help inform recommendations of U-M’s Committee on Retirement Savings Plan and Retiree Health Benefits.
- Staff Council was invited to provide input and engage in dialogue regarding the proposals for elevating STEM education at UM-Flint.
- To broaden our collective understanding of staff needs and ways to address them, UM-Flint Staff Council initiated a joint meeting with the Staff Senate at U-M Dearborn.
Collaborated with the Department of Public Safety to host two information sessions, “Strengthening Our Campus and Community: Developing Effective Personal Safety Practices.” Each session was well-attended and led to numerous department-specific follow-up sessions.
Website Transition & Improvement
Took the opportunity afforded by the campus-wide transition to the new Drupal content management system to review, refresh, and reinvigorate the Staff Council website and our overall communication strategy.
United Way Campaign
- Administered the university-wide campaign on behalf of the United Way, raising over $5,600 for our community.
- This was also the first year UM-Flint faculty and staff were able to give to the United Way online.
Showing Pride and Purpose
- Encouraged university pride by hosting a department decorating contest in conjunction with fall’s annual #UMFlint24 day-of-photos campaign.
- Found, organized, and sold as many Staff Council giveaways from previous years as we could find.
- Hosted the Annual Holiday Breakfast that drew over 220 attendees. Each attendee was provided a UM-Flint thermal cup. All staff members were entered into a drawing for a chance to receive additional prizes.
- Sponsored the “Adopt a Student Family” project that provided gifts to a UM-Flint student family during the holiday season.
- Hosted quarterly “Birthday Club” events.
- Awarded “Sterling Staff Awards” to 34 nominated staff members.