Often, we are more than the positions we hold; we are volunteers, helpers, advisers, and attendants for our students, faculty, and peers. Staff Council is happy to announce a new, pilot program that encourages and honors staff engagement on campus and in the community. Staff members are asked to track certain activities throughout the year. Staff members who complete 4 activities from the list below between January 1, 2015 and May 15, 2015 and will be recognized by the Staff Council and provided letters documenting their commitment to campus engagement.
The mission of the Engaged Staff program is not merely to give accolades for campus service, but to also acknowledge the special roles that the UM-Flint staff play in the success of our students, faculty, campus and community.
ENgaged Staff activities:
- Advise a student organization
- Assist with the First Street Residence Hall Move-In Day
- Attend a Staff Council meeting or event
- Attend a student organization event or program
- Be an IYS mentor
- Have lunch or coffee with a new employee
- Help with Go Blue on the Bricks
- Nominate a colleague for campus recognition
- Participate in Convo with the Council
- Participate in the Martin Luther King Jr day of service
- Serve on a campus committee/task force
- Support UM-Flint students by attending a concert or theatre production
- Take part in a campus recruitment event
- Take part in M-Healthy
- Volunteer for commencement
- Volunteer for the Crim and/or the Michigan Mile
- Volunteer to work the Welcome Back Picnic
Enter Your Engaged Staff Activities
Staff Council wants to encourage and recognize all the ways UM-Flint employees help make this a better campus and better community. Follow the link below to enter your avitivites (logging your volunteer hours is optional).