Enrollment and Retention Task Force
Message from the Chair
Greetings! The Enrollment and Retention Task Force has been charged with recommending to the Steering Committee a five-year enrollment plan as well as a plan for better retaining the students we work so hard to recruit. To that end, our group has formed two teams in order to bring you the best enrollment and retention plans possible. In addition to meeting in our sub-groups throughout the summer months, we continue to meet as a single Task Force to share valuable information and provide feedback that will ensure continuity and consistency in both areas.
Our Task Force is a veritable smorgasbord of talent, creativity, and endless energy. With representation from every constituent group on campus with expertise in enrollment and retention issues, the Task Force hopes to come up with a unique and ambitious five-year plan that will responsibly increase our enrollments, focusing on quality first, and that will highlight a shared responsibility for increasing our retention rates. In my sixteen year tenure with UM-Flint, I have always worked tirelessly to put students first, and I plan to use my experience and students-first philosophy as I facilitate the important work of the Enrollment and Retention Task Force.
Associate Dean and Professor of English
Task Force Starting Ideas
- Review the current university student population, its size, composition, and academic preparedness.
- Develop three-year and five-year overall enrollment goals including
approximate mix of:
- Graduate and undergraduate students
- Resident, non-resident students, and international students
- On-campus and online/mixed-mode students
- Residential and commuting students
- Develop strategies to achieve proposed enrollment and retention goals, including a high-level multi-year enrollment plan.
- Develop a framework for a permanent strategic enrollment planning group.
Enrollment and Retention Task Force Roster
|Bob Barnett, Chair||College of Arts and Sciences|
|Marcus Paroske, Liaison||Communication/Visual Arts|
|Stacy Lee||Office of the Registrar|
|Dean Vahid Lotfi||Graduate Programs|
|Dan Adams||International Center|
|Kimberly Buster-Williams||Admissions and Recruitment|
|Jerry Glasco||Financial Services & Budget|
|Jennifer Hogan||University Relations|
|Deb White||Office of Extended Learning|