Outreach and Engagement Task Force
Message from the Chair
Greetings! The Outreach and Engagement Task Force is charged with recommending to the Steering Committee a five-year plan more fully integrating Outreach and Engagement's efforts in curricula and broadens UM-Flint’s community and alumni.
A unique quality of this university is the opportunity for students to engage in service, experiential, and collaborative learning including but not limited to community-partnered and applied scholarship and creative projects. Toward that end, our task force is committed to enhancing student engagement and opportunities for collaborative, experiential and service learning, seeking support both from within the university and beyond.
The members of this task force are on the front lines of outreach and engagement at UM-Flint. These members are dedicated to improving learning and collaboration through outreach and engagement at UM-Flint. This includes our student member who is a “Commitment to Service” student who, upon completion of her service requirements, will receive her service cords at graduation.
This task force strives to generate a five-year plan that will enhance outreach and engagement at UM-Flint, and improve ease of access to opportunities for service learning, internships, and community partnerships for learning and scholarship activities/projects and community service and volunteerism. I am pleased to facilitate and support an effort central to student learning. Please do not hesitate to contact me or any member of this task force with information about and opportunities for outreach and engagement.
Cindy Pfalzer, PT, PhD, Academic Affairs
Physical Therapy Department
School of Health Professions and Studies
Task Force Starting Ideas
- Inventory outreach, engagement, and development programs and activities including partnerships and assess their alignment with the university mission.
- Identify possible gaps in the current campus outreach/engagement efforts.
- Develop strategies for greater integration of outreach/engagement efforts within curricula.
- Develop strategies for broader participation in outreach/engagement/development efforts.
- Develop strategies to identify and engage with alumni; develop and improve data in this area.
- Review current fundraising efforts and identify possible gaps and future strategies.
Outreach and Engagement Task Force Roster
|Cindy Pfalzer, Chair/Liaison||Physical Therapy|
|Darryl Baird||Communication/Visual Arts|
|Jonathan Jarosz||University Outreach|
|Jamile Lawand||Foreign Languages|
|David Lossing||Government Relations|
|Bob Mabbitt||University Relations|
|Brent Nickola||Alumni Relations|
|Mona Younis||University Outreach|