Revenue Enhancement Task Force
Message from the Chair
The Strategic Planning task force on revenue enhancement will look into ways and means that the University can increase "third stream" revenue. The first and second "streams" are tuition and fee payments by students and state-based support. As we all know, tuition has been rising as state support has declined. We also anticipate further cuts in state support in future years. It's important that the University aggressively seek to expand funding it receives from donors, foundations, corporations and government grants, to name four. These forms of funding already provide us with endowed scholarships, infrastructure improvements in the form of remodeled classrooms, and means of engaging in outreach activities to the community. Increasing funding from these areas will reduce on dependence on state support and allow us to moderate tuition increases.
Dean, College of Arts and Sciences
Task Force Starting Ideas
- Evaluate current revenue enhancement strategies and culture.
- Identify new funding possibilities for academic and non-academic areas of the University, including, for example-
- Expansion of instruction
- Capturing grants and support for research
- increasing endowment funds.
- Identify opportunities for an entrepreneurial approach to enhancing revenue through, for example, partnerships with external organizations and rental of campus facilities.
Revenue Enhancement Task Force Roster
|Dean D.J. Trela, Chair||College of Arts and Sciences|
|Scott Bertschy||Development and Alumni Relations|
|Dale Tuttle||School of Management|
|Terry Van Allen||Office of Research|
|Matthew Wyneken||School of Education|