Support continues once a student has been admitted and has attended orientation. How can you help?
- Recommend our “Get Ready for Success” and “Majors & Careers- How to Decide” workshops
- Direct your student to Focus 2, which helps them ascertain that their major fits their career goals
- Promote Second Year Assessment to your students; let them know a Peer Advisor will contact them and that they should take advantage of the Student Success Center’s services!
You want to do what you can to help your students get jobs. Optimal Resume takes care of a lot of the work, and students can upload your letters of reference to an on-line portfolio! Encourage your students to upload their resume to Career Connection to be critiqued by a professional career counselor. Also, recommend your students to attend Career Fair Prep Week Workshops and Career Fairs.
Professionally trained current students take on a leadership role, assisting new students in their transition to the University of Michigan-Flint, and also offer Retention Team services once students begin classes. What can you do?
- Nominate students with leadership skills to be Orientation Leaders. umflint.edu/orientation
- Fill out a recommendation form for a student who has applied to be an Orientation Leader. Application deadline: Friday, October 4! umflint.edu/advising/olrecommendation.htm