Nominations from the full range of instructional settings (face-to-face, online and mixed mode) are encouraged.
A panel of faculty selected by the TCLT Advisory Board and Office of Extended Learning Advisory Board will judge nominations.*
All nominations will be assessed on the evidence of the following criteria:
- Clarity of purpose, distinctive approach to implementation and evaluation
- Influence on student learning and engagement
- Promotes/supports equity and inclusiveness of diverse set of student learners.
In comparing the submissions against the criteria, the faculty panel will consider:
- Evidence of the effectiveness of the project in formal and informal evaluation
- Degree of creativity, imagination or innovation
- Evidence of sustained effectiveness of the project.
The application and selection process will involve two steps:
1. The selection committee will review one-page nominations forms. Finalists will be invited to submit full applications.
2. Finalists will submit a 1-2 page narrative and supporting materials that not only describe their innovation but also document the effectiveness of their innovation, such as:
- examples of teaching materials
- information about the origin of the innovative idea
- evidence of impact on student learning and attitudes, including letters of support from students.**
The Faculty Panel will judge the finalists’ submissions and will make recommendations to the Provost, who will make the final decision.
A formal call for nominations will be issued December 13, 2017.
*TCLT Advisory Board and OEL Advisory Board members are eligible to be nominated, but would be recused from the deliberation process.
**Students submitting letters of support should not be current students of the nominated faculty member.