In January 2014, the Quad-POD Consortium will host Jose Bowen, author of Teaching Naked: How Moving Technology Out of Your College Classroom Will Improve Student Learning. Dr. Bowen will provide individual workshops for the faculty of Baker College of Flint, Kettering University, Mott Community College and UM-Flint, as well as keynote a special dinner event. Click here for additional information and how to register.
2014 Quad-POD Event: Teaching Naked
Faculty Mentoring Program
Friday, January 17, 2014
12:30 - 2:00 pm, Michigan Rooms C-D, UCEN
Friday, February 21, 2014
8:30 am - 4:00 pm, Michigan Rooms C-D
Open to all faculty. Mentees given priority registration.
Limited to 25 participants
The TCLT Advisory Board awarded three grants and two fellowships during the Fall 2013 semester. Congratulations to:
- Ricardo Alfaro, Professor, Math and Maureen Tippen, Associate Professor, Nursing - Grant ($3,000) to support a reconnaissance trip to Peru to develop a study abroad opportunity
- Scott Caddy, Lecturer, English - Grant ($900) to support conference travel and presentation
- Dan Lair, Assistant Professor, Communication & Visual Arts - Grant ($900) to support conference travel and participation
- Danielle De La Mare, Assistant Professor, Communication and Laura McLeman, Assistant Professor, Math - Fellowship to support the design of SEC 200, "Community, Family, Self"
- Janelle Wiess, Lecturer, English - Fellowship to support the redesign of ENG 100, "College Learning Strategies"
The TCLT will issue a second call for applications during the Winter 2014 semester. Please check back after January 20, 2014. Thank you!
Technology Information Sessions
Word with a Nerd
Date to be determined for Winter 2014
Get your questions answered! Representatives from UM-Flint's Information Technology Services Department will be on hand to chat with faculty, staff and students and answer your technology questions. This will be an informal gathering and attendees can pick and choose which area to visit. The following ITS areas will be represented:
Department Computer Services (DCS)
Data Information Management (DIM)
Mediated Classroom Services (MCS)
Network System Services (NSS)
A light lunch will be provided.
Winter 2014 Cloth Bag Series
The TCLT looks forward to featuring UM-Flint faculty who rpesented at the 2013 Lilly Conferences. Please check back for more details after January 6, 2014. Thank you!