Tutoring is a great opportunity to help fellow students by sharing your knowledge and expertise. This is a paid position that is highly valued by UM-Flint and potential future employers. The Student Success Center hires tutors periodically throughout the year, based on the following criteria: faculty recommendation, tutor experience, tutor availability, and need.
Steps to becoming a tutor:
- The Student Success Center provides tutoring only for certain subjects and courses. To see which courses we tutor, please consult the list of Core Tutoring Courses.
- Have a faculty member submit a recommendation for each course you wish to tutor. You can provide this link to your faculty: https://formassembly.umflint.edu/1377.
- If you are interested in tutoring Math, please review the Math department's Math Tutor Requirements.
- Submit your availability for tutoring via the Prospective Tutor Schedule Inquiry form.
- Apply to the tutor position at umjobs.org, the current job is #102604.
We will review applications on an as-needed basis. Should we determine a need, we will contact you to discuss more.
Should you have any questions, please contact Mike Kassel or Garry Cardillo at (810) 762-3085 or email@example.com.