The University of Michigan-Flint strives to be a good neighbor and valued member of this community.
Community Relations serves to maintain and improve avenues of communication between UM-Flint and its neighbors, local businesses, civic organizations, and governmental agencies in Genesee County and beyond.
- Community Relations is UM-Flint’s contact point for:
- Sponsorships for community events and initiatives
- Partnerships for new community-oriented projects
- Inquiries about hosting community events on campus
UM-Flint recently formed a Community Relations Committee to examine our role and extent of involvement in community activities and events. The university has limited funds available to help with community sponsorships, and due to the vast number of requests we receive, a policy has been created to review and determine the level of support we can provide to each.
Community Relations has been involved in several successful major events, including the Crim Road Race, Making Strides for Breast Cancer Walk, Music in the Parks, and Bikes on the Bricks. We are able to provide event planning and logistical support as approved.
Requesting University Participation
If you are planning to seek university participation in an upcoming event, please fill out a Community Sponsorship Request Form. The Community Relations Committee meets once per month, and will review and make a determination about your request. Please submit your request as early as possible (at least 3 weeks ahead of time) to allow enough time for this process.
- Helpful Links:
Community Relations Committee
- Melody Bartholomew, Office of the Chancellor
- Allen Cozart, Department of Public Safety
- Sheila Currier, Office of the Chancellor
- Joy Ebenhoeh, Financial Services & Budget
- Sue Fabbro, Office of the Provost & Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
- Crystal Flynn, Educational Opportunity Initiatives
- Jennifer Hogan, University Relations
- Jessie Hurse, Student Life
- Bob Keller, Facilities & Operations
- Theresa Landis, Auxilary & Recreational Services
- Janet Lorch, Communication/Visual Arts
- David Lossing, Government Relations
- Rebecca Pettengill, Corporate & Foundation Relations
- Gina Rose, Event & Building Services
- Mel Serow, University Relations
- Barb Urlaub, University Outreach
- Pamela Zemore, University Relations