There’s no such thing as bad press?
That adage may hold true for Hollywood, but not for institutions of higher education.
The news media remains one of the most effective ways to communicate UM-Flint’s story, our brand. News stories have a credibility and authority overt marketing efforts do not. This is particularly meaningful when trying to reach parents, non-traditional students, professional colleagues, and community leaders.
UM-Flint’s “newsworthy” events, initiatives, and announcements should be communicated to UR’s Media Relations Manager, Mel Serow, who can assist with pitching and presenting story ideas to media outlets locally and around the world.
- Media Relations can help UM-Flint departments and individuals with:
- Press Releases
- Press Conferences
- Providing Press Contacts
- Media Relations can help members of the news media with:
- Providing academic experts on a variety of topics
- Providing general information and statistics about UM-Flint
- Connecting journalists with UM-Flint alumni working in various fields
Media Relations closely monitors all media reports about UM-Flint, and shares this information with campus through emailed media notices and on the UM-Flint News website.
UR is always seeking potential news stories to share with the media or to incorporate into our communications. Tell us your story today!