Creating a Department Page
What is a Department Page?
A department page layout is best used for the index page for your TeamSite, and as a main page for subsections of your TeamSite. The department page offers the same elements as a generic page, however there are a few differences in appearance. A department page features dotted lines between the sidebar and the rest of the page content to distinguish it. A department page also allows you to place a "splash image". This image will appear at the top of the website (outlined in red in the image below). Here are a few university sites that make use of the "splash image":
How to create a department page
- Click on "File" and then "New Form Entry".
- Select "department" from the "Select a form" options window that appears, it will be listed under "umflint".
- The generic form will appear. (see below for example).
- Fill in all of the required pieces of information.
- Page Title: Whatever you enter in this box will be displayed at the top of the browser window in the title bar. (in the above image "Interwoven ContentCenter" is in the title bar)
**Please Note: Before filling in the "Navigation" section (the "Navigation Title" and the "Parent Page") review the "To Go Live or Not to Go Live: How do I control it?" section of the Web Guide for tips on hiding pages before you're ready for the general public to be able to access them.
- Navigation Title: This title will be displayed in the left hand navigation.
- Parent Page: Use the browse button next to the text box to select the "parent" page for the new page. If this page is linked directly to the index page, then the parent page will be the index page.
For more details on the Navigation Title and Parent Page, please refer to the "Working with the Navigational File" tutorial.
- If you do not want this page to be displayed in the navigational menu on the left, make sure to check the "Show only in Breadcrumb Trail" box, which is outlined in the image above in green.
- Themes: If you want a different look than the default CMS, select one of the available themes. For a sample of the themes, refer to the "The University Website User Interface Elements" page.
- Splash image: The splash image is not required. If you wish to include one, use the browse button to navigate to the desired image.
- Add body elements using the "+" button outlined in red. As you add each block make sure to fill in all required fields (those marked with "*"). For a sample of the elements, refer to the "The University Website User Interface Elements" page. For more information on how elements will display refer to the "TeamSite User Interface" tutorial.
- Add any sidebar elements by using the "+" button outlined in blue. As you add each sidebar element make sure to fill in all required fields (those marked with "*").