Using Media Bin
1. IMPORT THE IMAGE: Browse to the folder where you wish to put the photos (usually the images folder). Click on the Import icon on the workarea toolbar or choose File > Import from the CMS main menu. When the screen at right appears, choose the radio button to the left of From MediaBin and click the OK button. (see below)
2. BROWSING MEDIABIN: You will then be able to browse the MediaBin folders for videos, logos, photos, maps, icons, and Department Headers.
(If you receive a message that Java is not installed on your machine, consult the Installing Java section of the Webguide at http://www.umflint.edu/webguide/instructional/java.htm )
3. FOUND AN IMAGE: When you locate the photo that you wish to import into your CMS workarea, select it by clicking on it (make a note of its name so you can locate it in your images folder later), then click the OK button.
4. CHECK THE IMAGE: When the image is successfully imported into your CMS workarea, you will need to check its size before including it on your page. Preview the image by clicking on its filename in your CMS workarea file list.
5. RESIZE THE IMAGE:
- To download the image to your local machine, follow the instructions in the Webguide section Downloading Files at http://www.umflint.edu/webguide/instructional/files.htm#downloading
- To edit the image (resize), follow the instructions in the Webguide section Working With Images at http://www.umflint.edu/webguide/instructional/workingwithimages.htm
- Then re-import the edited image from your local machine.
- To include an image on your page, follow the instructions in the Webguide section Including Images on Your TeamSite at http://www.umflint.edu/webguide/instructional/workingwithimages.htm#including