Meta Data in the CMS
What is Meta Data?
How to Not Submit Metadata
Metadata is still in the process of being fully integrated into the CMS, so at this point it is not yet required or recommended that you enter metadata for your websites. There are several ways you can get around submitting metadata while it is still in the integration stage:
1) The first, and easiest, way to avoid the error message generated by not submitting metadata is to simply unselect the option to submit metadata.
- Click "Submit" after selecting the work you wish to submit.
- On the "Submit" screen, make sure that "Include a task for metadata capture" is set to "No".
- Click "Run Job".
2) If you forget to uncheck this option and click "Run Job" you may receive an error message saying "You may not tag a folder". To get around this warning simply click "Close". Press "Next" and your files will be submitted.
How to Submit Metadata
**Please note: Metadata is in the process of being integrated into the CMS and any metadata you enter at this stage may be lost. Therefore, it is recommended that you simply follow the directions under "How to Not Submit Metadata" for the time being.
If you would like to begin getting used to the newest feature that the CMS has to offer, you may begin submitting metadata with your web pages. Simply follow these steps:
- Select the pages on which you would like to include metadata. You may not select a folder to tag, you must select the individual files within a folder. Click "Submit".
- In the "Submit" window click "Run Job".
- In the tagging window fill in the "Title" for each item. The titles should follow appropriate naming conventions.
- Click "Keywords" and fill in the appropriate keywords for each item. Separate multiple key words with commas. For example: web guide, help guides, cms
- Click "Description" when you are finished with the "Title" and fill in the "Descriptions" for all items.
- Click "Business Unit" and fill in the appropriate unit for each item.
- Click "Creation Date" and fill in the appropriate date for each item.
- Click "Expiration Data" and fill in the apporpriate date for each item.
- Click "Next" when you have finished filling in all desired fields.
As you are filling in each item you may make use of the "Copy to All" link to copy repetitive items to all selected pages.