Navigating Around the CMS
Navigating to your TeamSite Work Area
After logging into the CMS for the first time, it may take a few clicks to navigate to your specific workarea. These instructions will assist you in finding your workarea, as well as helping users with multiple work areas navigate between them.
- The file list (shown in the TeamSite User Interface tutorial) will be used to navigate to your TeamSite. First click on "ITS-INCMS" to display the items beneath it (see the image below).
- Click on these items in the following order: "default", "main", "UMFLINT", "PROD". Refer to the image below for a visual representation.
- Once you have clicked on "PROD", click on "HOME", then "DEPARTMENTS".
- Underneath the "DEPARTMENTS" item you will find the web space of every department on campus. While you can see them, you will not be able to change the content for any website but your own (the site you have permission to access). Select your department from the listing and proceed to step five.
- For the purpose of this tutorial, we will refer to the WEBGUIDE workspace, however these steps can be applied to reach any departments content area. Once you have selected your department, click on "Workareas", and then "content" (Note: "content" will appear in the right-hand navigation, not the left hand list, see the image below for a visual representation).
- After clicking on "content" you will be taken to the work area for your department. All pages you create for your TeamSite should be saved under the folder with your department name. The "templatedata" folder will contain the data form entries for the web pages.
To avoid the multiple clicks required to reach your TeamSite, or other work areas that you may have permission to modify, you can utilize the favorites feature. These instructions can be applied not only to creating a short cut to your TeamSite, but also to individual folders and files within your designated TeamSite.
- Follow the steps under Navigating to your TeamSite Work Area. Make sure "content" is highlighted from the file list on the left (shown below).
- Click on "View" and then "Add to Favorites" once the appropriate item is highlighted.
- A message will pop up, confirming that the item has been added to your favorites.
Once a work area has been added to your favorites list, it's only two clicks away.
- Click on the "Favorites" button.
- Select the favorite you wish to visit by clicking on the "Name", and the CMS will take you to the desired location.