RSS Feed Additional Information
Narrowing Blog Entries
You can have a blog feed on your page that directly takes the blog information from only one category on a blog listing, exclude one category section, or draw a few multiple category sections and not others. To do this, you have to have the category number that you would like to pull.
- You can find this number by going to your blog at blogs.umflint.edu, and then going to Manage on the Dashboard.
- Click on Categories and click on the category name you wish to select.
- After you select the name, look at the http:/ bar at the top of your screen and the number at the end, following edit&cat_ID=, should be the number of your category.
After you have obtained the category number, you can proceed to sort the categories through the CMS.
- In the area where you normally would place the blog link, add ?cat=# (# being the category number you located earlier). Doing this will make it so only sections from the blog in this category will show.
- Add ?cat=-# (# being the category number you located earlier). The negative symbol will exclude this category section from the blog categories.
- Add ?cat=#,#,# (# being the category numbers). You can put multiple numbers onto the category line and only these category sections will show from the blog you selected.
When working with RSS Feeds, you can have more than one RSS Feed on a single CMS page. However, you cannot have two RSS Feeds that have the same style. They must have different styles. If two RSS Feeds of the same style are placed on a page, they will not work.