I Am UM-Flint Profile Guide
The "I Am UM-Flint" Campaign
Quite simply, the "I Am UM-Flint" campaign is a vehicle to highlight this university's strongest asset: its people. Through the individual experiences and accomplishments of its faculty, staff, students, alumni & friends, this institution's mission is given a personal face. Taken collectively, they tell the full story of this university, and its real impact on real lives. We would like your department to add to this chorus of success stories by following these simple steps:
Simple Steps for Developing "I am UM-Flint" Profiles for Your Department:
- Identify at least one "compelling, representative or otherwise worth-telling" story for each of the following groups (as relevant to your department): Faculty. Staff. Students. Alumni.
- Have identified individuals write brief (50 to 150 words), first person summations (as in, "I am conducting research in...") that quickly, accurately and as thoroughly as possible (for 50 to 150 words) gives the reader a glimpse into the diverse, challenging & exciting experiences of those who give your department (and this campus) its spirit, richness & purpose.
- Be sure each testimonial answers each of the following basic questions:
- High School attended (for Undergrad Students)? College(s)/University(s) attended (for Grad Students & faculty)?
- Reason for coming to UM-Flint?
- Contact information? (email is fine)