Content Improvement Suggestions
- Make the home page of your TeamSite more of a “welcome mat”.
- Reorganize and reprioritize your front page content so that users can easily find the information they find important (think about who is your target audience).
- Include more fun and friendly items - (think of staff profiles, photos, recommended sites/sources/reading, ‘did you know? Stats on jobs/careers, “trends & technology”- fun & useful info related to ___________ for this area).
These suggestions are all meant to add warmth and personality, without being too distracting for those who know where they want to go.
Streamline Your Site
- Look for ways to consolidate, tighten, and make content easily digestible for users (use more bullets, cut to main points, group related information).
- Are there pages that are not needed?
- Are there pages that could have their information presented in another way, using different features that might make it more user friendly?
Other Features to Consider
Consider other features you could include that would make your site more interactive and useful.
- online polls
- flash animations
- Visitors to the University web site want to see staff, students, faculty, alumni and other compelling/success stories.
- Get more photos of the facilities, equipment, or anything that would convey your department's identy visually.
- Contact UREL to set up a photo shoot for people, etc.