Critical Difference Grant
The Critical Difference Grant is a one time award of up to $300.00 for returning students who find themselves in an emergency financial situation that imperils their ability to remain enrolled at the University of Michigan-Flint.
To be eligible, a student must fulfill all of the following four criteria:
- Be currently enrolled at UM-Flint either full or part-time.
- Be a returning student defined as any student, new or continuing, part-time or full-time, who has had at least a consecutive 24-month interruption in her or his education. The interruption may be either between high school and college or during college, or both.
- Have a 2.0 G.P.A. or better.
- Have not received a Critical Difference Grant in the past.
- Fill out the application (here) or pick up an application at the Women’s Educational Center, 359 University Center.
- Complete the application and monthly budget sheet, attach supporting documentation detailing why funding is required, and submit to the Women’s Educational Center either in person to Room 213 or by email to Kristen Campbell at email@example.com.
- You will be notified of the decision within three to four business days. If awarded the grant, you may pick up a check from the Cashier’s Office, 261 University Pavilion, within one (1) week.