Critical Difference Grant
The Critical Difference Grant is a one time award of up to $300.00 for returning students who find themselves in an emergency financial situation that imperils their ability to remain enrolled at the University of Michigan-Flint.
To be eligible, a student must fulfill all of the following four criteria:
- Be currently enrolled at UM-Flint either full or part-time.
- Be a returning student defined as any student, new or continuing, part-time or full-time, who has had at least a consecutive 24-month interruption in her or his education. The interruption may be either between high school and college or during college, or both.
- Have a 2.0 G.P.A. or better.
- Have not received a Critical Difference Grant in the past.
- Download the application (here) or pick up an application at the Women’s Educational Center, 359 University Center.
- Complete the application and monthly budget sheet, attach supporting documentation detailing why funding is required, and submit to the Women’s Educational Center.
- You will be notified of the decision within three to four business days. If awarded the grant, you may pick up a check from the Cashier’s Office, 261 University Pavilion, within one (1) week.