Reporting options

Reporting to the Police 

The university encourages anyone who believes they have experienced domestic/dating violence, sexual assault, or stalking to make a criminal report with law enforcement. If you are uncertain where the incident occurred or which agency to contact, the UM-Flint Department of Public Safety is available to help you determine which agency has jurisdiction and will help you to report the matter to that agency if you wish.

The Women’s Educational Center (WEC) can help you navigate the reporting process
Staff in the WEC are available to be a support person in reporting to law enforcement.
Visit the WEC at 213 University Center
Or contact: (810) 237-6648 •

Department of Public Safety (DPS)
Special Victims Services
103 Hubbard Building
(810) 762-3333 •


City of Flint Police Department
210 E 5th St., Flint, MI 48502
911 (emergency) • (810) 237-6800 (non-emergency)

Reporting to the University

If you have experienced sexual assault, domestic violence, dating
violence, or stalking, we encourage you to make a non-criminal
report to the university. You may report to law enforcement,
the university, both, or neither. Call 911 to report crimes to law

Institutional Equity Specialist
The Institutional Equity Specialist (IES) provides a neutral
investigation for all complaints of harassment and discrimination.
213 University Pavilion
(810) 237-6517 •
Office for Institutional Equity
In all cases, the university’s policies and procedures seek to
provide a prompt, fair, and impartial resolution of the concern
reported. The university investigation processes for reviewing
sexual violence, domestic violence, and dating violence use a
preponderance of the evidence standard.
In some cases, if you make an initial report but then decide not
to participate further the university may still need to review and
investigate the information provided, and may also be obligated
to share the report with law enforcement for possible handling
through the criminal justice system. Even in such cases,
though, you do not have to participate in the university or law
enforcement processes if you do not wish to do so.
Staff in the Women’s Educational Center are available to be a
support person in university cases.
Title IX Coordinator
2072 Administrative Services Building, Ann Arbor, MI 48109
(734) 763-0235 •


Women’s Educational Center (WEC)
213 University Center
(810) 237-6648 •