The College of Arts and Sciences' strategic planning process both informs and builds on the University's Strategic Planning efforts. Our initial meetings provided feedback and helped form UM-Flint's strategic planning priorities:
- A Distinctive Identity that Builds Campus Pride
- Excellent Education and Scholarship Across the Institution
- A Student-Centered Culture Focused on Retention and Success
- Recruitment through High-Quality Programs and Campus Life
- A Vital Partnership with an Engaged Community
The following activities ensured the CAS Strategic Plan effectively serves the College numerous and diverse stakeholders:
- CAS Department Chairs, Associate Chairs, and Program Directors held initial discussions and provided framework for a College-wide survey;
- distribution of the survey to all CAS faculty and staff, with results shared College-wide;
- two open forums for all CAS faculty and staff to discuss survey results and provide feedback;
- CAS leadership retreat (Council of Chairs and Executive Committee) to discuss alignment to University priorities and further deliberate CAS priorities.
Our work in the first half of the 2018-19 academic year built on the College's established strategic planning foundation and the UM-Flint priorities as we clarify and further define our own areas of growth and focus. Implementation Committees were formed to put the plan into action.
In the second half of 2018-19 and throughout 2019-20, these Implementation Committees will work to accomplish the action items collected in Winter 2018. Though each committee is tasked with a specific area of focus, regular co-chair meetings help to ensure that work across the college is coordinated and efficiencies are realized. While membership of these committees is set through 2019-20, there will be opportunities for new members to join and continue the work of those who have rotated off the committee. In addition, co-chairs are encouraged to share regular updates and seek feedback in a variety of forums; both in meetings and virtually.
You may use our online form to submit questions, suggestions, or concerns about the CAS Strategic Planning process at any time.