There’s a place for you at UM-Flint.

Not every student at UM-Flint falls into the traditional freshman or transfer student categories. Here we’ve provided general application information for a wide range of scholars. If you have any questions or need more information, contact the Office of  Undergraduate Admissions at (810) 762-3300 or

Guest Students

Students enrolled at another accredited college or university who are in good academic standing with a grade point average of 2.0 or higher may attend UM-Flint as guest students by obtaining permission from both the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and their home school. The student’s home institution must be consulted to verify the courses taken at UM-Flint will transfer. To continue taking courses as a guest student at UM-Flint, students must earn a grade of C or higher in each class.

Learn more by visiting our Guest Student page. 

Non-Candidate for Degree (NCFD)

Students who have already earned a bachelor’s degree and/or are interested in taking a few classes for personal enrichment, continuing education, or teacher’s certification are considered NCFD students. Learn more by visiting our Non-Candidate for Degree page.

Genesee Early College Student

Students who have completed their high school education through the Genesee Early College are invited to apply as first-time freshmen at UM-Flint.