Mott2UM-Flint Concurrent Enrollment Program
With a single admission application, students can take advantage of the resources and course selection at the University of Michigan-Flint and Mott Community College. The Mott2UM-Flint concurrent enrollment program offers you the opportunity to take courses at both institutions at the same time, meaning tuition savings and maximum flexibility on the path to a Michigan bachelor’s degree.
Students interested in Mott2UM-Flint are strongly encouraged to attend an information session.
Benefits of Concurrent Enrollment
- Admission to both institutions through one online application
- Coordinated advising — UM-Flint and Mott work together to keep you on track to reach your educational goals
- The flexibility to take courses at one or both institutions at the same time
- Ability to receive financial aid for courses at both UM-Flint and Mott
- Expanded course selection
- Access to student activities and resources on both campuses, including UM-Flint’s Recreation Center
- The option to complete an Associate's degree while working toward a Bachelor’s degree
The following student types are eligible to apply to the Mott2UM-Flint concurrent enrollment program:
- First-year college students
- Transfer students (including current and former Mott students) with 32 or fewer total earned credits
- Current UM-Flint students with 32 or fewer total credits
Students admitted to the program are eligible to remain in it for four years or until they reach 62 credits, whichever occurs first.
The following student types are not eligible to apply to the Mott2UM-Flint concurrent enrollment program:
- International students
- Students in the UM-Flint Engineering 2+2 program
- MCC Varsity student athletes
- Second-degree-seeking students
- Students with more than 32 credits (may apply as a UM-Flint transfer student)
Students interested in taking only one or a few courses at MCC should not enroll in this program but take those courses instead as a guest student.