Transfer Credit Equivalencies

To encourage transfers and assist in development of educational plans for transfer students, the University of Michigan-Flint has compiled transfer equivalency guides for many accredited colleges and universities.

Transfer Equivalencies Database

All acceptable college courses that appear on an official transcript and have been completed at another regionally accredited* institution for which a letter grade of C or better has been earned will be given University of Michigan-Flint degree-seeking credit.

It is a requirement that all transfer students must earn a minimum of 45 semester hours at the University of Michigan-Flint, including the last 30 hours.  Students must also satisfy all requirements for the degree they are pursuing. Exceptions to this policy can be considered only by petition to the appropriate Academic Standards Committee.

*To be considered for transfer equivalency, course work must be completed at an institution that is fully accredited by one of the following regional accrediting bodies: New England, Middle States, Southern, North Central, Western, and Northwest.