Student Responsibilities and Documentation
- Students who believe they are eligible for services must self-identify and provide current documentation of their disability to CAPS in order to determine appropriate services.
- Students are encouraged to schedule a meeting with a CAPS staff member before the start of an academic year to discuss specific needs and accommodations.
- Students are strongly encouraged to be proactive due to the fact that some accommodations, e.g., adaptive equipment, alternative book format, etc., can take several weeks to order/obtain.
- Students are expected to provide their own transportation, personal attendant, and other items not directly related to the academic environment.
- Documentation should not be more than three years old and turned in within 30 days of registering with CAPS.
- Documentation should come from the health care professional who diagnosed or is currently treating you and must be an expert in the field.
Click here to read our Commitment to Students with Disabilities