Mission & Vision
The College of Arts and Sciences transforms lives through the power of a comprehensive education rooted in theory and practice. Centered in Flint, we are an inclusive community of teachers, scholars, artists, and practitioners across a diverse array of disciplines. Our students, staff, and faculty empower each other to develop the necessary knowledge, skills, and empathy to effect positive change locally and globally. Above all, we are committed to the core values of the University of Michigan-Flint: academic excellence, student centeredness, and engaged citizenship.
Together, we transform minds, lives, communities, and the world.
The College will:
- Foster excellence in teaching and learning
- Engage students in learning partnerships with faculty
- Develop mastery of disciplines and confidence in their application for a future of meaningful and productive work
- Support students and faculty in traditional and applied research and creative endeavors
- Engage faculty and students in professionally related service to the university and society
- Promote and defend academic freedom, diversity, equality and justice