The College of Arts and Sciences' strategic planning process will both inform and build on the University's Strategic Planning efforts. Our early efforts in 2017 provided feedback and helped form UM-Flint's strategic planning priorities:
- A Distinctive Identity that Builds Campus Pride
- Excellent Education and Scholarship Across the Institution
- A Student-Centered Culture Focused on Retention and Success
- Recruitment through High-Quality Programs and Campus Life
- A Vital Partnership with an Engaged Community
Early CAS efforts included:
- CAS Department Chairs, Associate Chairs, and Program Directors held initial discussions and provided framework for a College-wide survey;
- distribution of the survey to all CAS faculty and staff, with results shared College-wide;
- two open forums for all CAS faculty and staff to discuss survey results and provide feedback;
- CAS leadership retreat (Council of Chairs and Executive Committee) to discuss alignment to University priorities and further deliberate CAS priorities.
Our work through the 2017-18 academic year will build on the College's established strategic planning foundation and the UM-Flint priorities as we clarify and further define our own areas of growth and focus. We hope you'll join us and share your voice throughout the CAS strategic planning process.
You may use our online form to submit questions, suggestions, or concerns about the CAS Strategic Planning process at any time.