The College of Arts and Sciences' strategic planning process both informs and builds on the University's Strategic Planning efforts. Our initial meetings provided feedback and helped form UM-Flint's strategic planning priorities:
- A Distinctive Identity that Builds Campus Pride
- Excellent Education and Scholarship Across the Institution
- A Student-Centered Culture Focused on Retention and Success
- Recruitment through High-Quality Programs and Campus Life
- A Vital Partnership with an Engaged Community
The following activities ensured the CAS Strategic Plan effectively serves the College numerous and diverse stakeholders:
- CAS Department Chairs, Associate Chairs, and Program Directors held initial discussions and provided framework for a College-wide survey;
- distribution of the survey to all CAS faculty and staff, with results shared College-wide;
- two open forums for all CAS faculty and staff to discuss survey results and provide feedback;
- CAS leadership retreat (Council of Chairs and Executive Committee) to discuss alignment to University priorities and further deliberate CAS priorities.
Throughout 2019-20, Implementation Committees continued their work to accomplish the action items collected in Winter 2018. Though each committee is tasked with a specific area of focus, regular co-chair meetings help to ensure that work across the college is coordinated and efficiencies are realized. While membership of these committees is set through 2019-20, there will be opportunities for new members to join and continue the work of those who have rotated off the committee. In addition, co-chairs are encouraged to share regular updates and seek feedback in a variety of forums; both in meetings and virtually.