This is a special opportunity for the inaugural class of the College of Innovation & Technology at the University of Michigan-Flint. The CIT Success Kits provide one-time funding for the first-year which is defined as the Fall 2021 and Winter 2022 semesters. Students must major in either Digital Manufacturing Technology or Information Technology & Informatics to be eligible for the CIT Success Kit.
- $2,000 scholarship: $1,000 each semester: Fall 2021 and Winter 2022 semesters.
- One year room and board scholarship for a standard double room. The value of the room is $6,296, and $3,150 for the meal plan. The Room and Board is a component of the aid budget. Value will be taken as a resource by Financial Aid.
- $500 Book voucher: $250 per semester through Barnes & Noble. This voucher will run through B&N but will be taken as a resource against financial aid as books/supplies is a component of the aid budget.
- Free Laptop. The value of the laptop will be added to the student’s aid budget and taken as a resource.
- New first-year students and Transfer Students with 30 credits or less.
- The student must register on or before July 1, 2021 for Orientation.
- The student must be registered for certain class(es) as defined by the CIT administration in order for CIT Scholarship to be disbursed. Registration must remain in place for both Fall 2021 & Winter 2022 semesters in CIT designated courses.