- Women’s Club Volleyball – Head Coach
- Send resume & cover letter to Julia Stulock, Club Sports Assoc. Director at email@example.com. Position opened until filled.
- Position Quick Facts:
- Practices: The team plans to practice twice a week October-March in the UM-Flint Rec Center
- Competitive Season: While the competitive season for their league (National Club Volleyball Federation) runs mid-January through early April, there are opportunities for pre-season games in the Fall. All competitions occur on the weekends, and typically in tournament format.
- Coach Stipend: $2000 for the season, plus travel costs for competitions
- Club Sport Status: Club sports are student-driven, which means you'll have the support of student leaders to plan and execute club related tasks, along with the Club Sports professional staff, who play a big role in team purchasing & travel arrangements.
Head Coach Responsibilities
- The primary role is to provide instruction and coaching. Club leaders shall remain primary decision makers and planners on other matters.
- Assist with maintaining the roster, ensure all waivers and required forms have been completed when an athlete joins the team.
- Ensure player attendance at practice is a priority. Actively develop and improve the skills of new and returning club members.
- Attend all practices and games on time unless discussed previously with the team leadership.
- Be prepared for all games and practices, sets goals with the team, and strives to reach the goals.
- Be familiar with and enforce all club, university, and league policies and procedures.
- Be familiar with and enforce the University of Michigan-Flint Student Code of Conduct and comply with all federal, state and local laws and regulations including those related to Title IX and is recognized a ‘Campus Security Authority’ under the Clery reporting guidelines.
- Be approachable, willing to listen and act as a role model and mentor to team members.
- Promote good sportsmanship at both practices and in competition and ensure that all team members positively represent the University of Michigan-Flint at all times.
- Assist with recruitment of club members from local high schools, travel teams and as appropriate for the specific sport.
- Comply with the UM-Club Sports concussion program, employ safety practices and follow all procedures set forth for emergencies.
Head Coach Qualifications
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have previous experience coaching.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with all individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Must be skilled in student leadership development, team-building and athletic skill/performance advancement.
- The Coach position is considered a Personal Service Provider/Independent Contractor and requires a signed agreement.
- The University of Michigan conducts background checks upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- Compensation is in the form of a stipend at the conclusion of the season.