- Date: Tuesday, December 4, 2018
- Time: 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- Location: Kiva, University Center
Elizabeth Kolbert will speak, answer questions, and sign copies of The Sixth Extinction.
This is a terrific opportunity to bring the questions you have after having read The Sixth Extinction and get them answered by the author herself. Please bring your copy of the book to be signed!
Environmental paddle trips
- Date: Monday, October 15 and Tuesday October 16, 2018 (Fall Study Break)
- Time: October 15 at 7 a.m. & October 16 at 3 p.m.
- Location: Shuttles will pick up participants at the Recreation Center
Registration for this event has been closed.
Conducted by the Flint River Watershed Council
Dr. Jane Goodall- Ethnologist & Conservationist
Critical Issues Lecture
The Power of Passion- Sullenger Dialogues
- Date: Tuesday, October 2, 2018
- Time: 2:30 p.m.
- Location: UM-Flint Theatre
The Sullenger Dialogues are free and open to the public. These sessions are designed to encourage conversation between the visiting experts, UM-Flint faculty, staff, students, and the community.
Common Read Kick-Off
- Date: Thursday, September 27, 2018
- Time: 4 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Location: Happenings Room
"Welcome to the 2018-19 Common Read" Faculty Panel & Reception.
Moderator: Heather Dawson, Ph.D, Associate Professor of Biology
Panelists: Seung-Jin Lee, Ph.D, Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering and Beverly Smith, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Anthropology
Free books will be available at this event.
Please note: event information is subject to change.