Careers in Communication Studies
What fields do our alums go into after they earn their degrees?
For starters, Marketing, Publishing, Fundraising, Higher Education, Consulting, Journalism, Sales, Events Planning, Research Analysis, Public Relations, Small Business Owner, Writing, Human Resources, Government Relations... These are just some of the hundreds of careers held by recent graduates in Communication Studies from UM-Flint.
Business Insider crunched the numbers, and came up with an impressive list of jobs tailor-made for COM majors: Highest Paying Jobs for Communication Majors.
Our graduates are employed at
- Companies like Quicken Loans, Berkshire Hathaway, General Motors, International Paper, Proctor & Gamble, Google, and Diplomat Pharmacy
- Outlets like ESPN, NBC Universal, and Detroit Public Television
- Groups like the American Cancer Society, the Genesee County Chamber of Commerce, Hurley Medical Center, the US Department of Labor, and the Michigan Association of School Boards
In positions such as
- Marketing Coordinator
- Online Branding Specialist
- Research Scientist
- Special Projects
- Major Gift Officer
- LAD Administrator
- Director of Museum Services
- Account Executive
- Advertising and Public Relations Coordinator
- Internship/Career Consultant