COVID-19 Testing at UM-Flint
To help reduce the potential spread of COVID-19 on campus and in our community, UM-Flint is partnering with MLabs, the University Health Service (UHS) and UM-Flint School of Nursing (SON) to provide opportunities for COVID-19 testing on campus in the Winter semester. This testing is being offered for asymptomatic students, faculty and staff who are working, living or attending classes on campus or a university affiliated clinical site. No out-of-pocket costs are associated with this testing. This testing is by appointment only.
Individuals must pass the ResponsiBLUE Health Screen on the day of testing. If you are a student, faculty or staff who does not meet one of the previously mentioned criteria, please do not come to campus for this testing. These individuals, particularly symptomatic individuals, should consult with their health care provider to arrange testing at another location and report your symptoms using one of the UM-Flint online reporting forms.
COVID-19 Testing Schedule Winter 2021
|1/17||Sunday||University Tower||9 a.m. – 4 p.m.|
|1/18||Monday||University Tower||9 a.m. – 4 p.m.|
|2/2||Tuesday||Recreation Center||9 a.m. – 4 p.m.|
|2/16||Tuesday||Recreation Center||9 a.m. – 4 p.m.|
|3/2||Tuesday||Recreation Center||9 a.m. – 4 p.m.|
|3/16||Tuesday||Recreation Center||9 a.m. – 4 p.m.|
|3/30||Tuesday||Recreation Center||9 a.m. – 4 p.m.|
|4/16||Tuesday||Recreation Center||9 a.m. – 4 p.m.|
To register, complete your COVID testing registration here. Please have your driver’s license/state ID and your medical insurance card available.
After completing the COVID testing registration, contact Michigan Medicine Laboratories at (734) 539-5111 to schedule an appointment for your collection. The scheduling line is staffed Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. You can schedule for multiple dates with one call.
Test results will be available within 48 hours of your test sample collection in your MyUofMHealth account. Should you test positive for COVID 19, you will receive a phone call notification.
- New students will receive an email to set up your MyUofMHealth account once you have scheduled your appointment.
- Please follow the instructions provided to set up your account ASAP.
- Students that already have a MyUofMHealth account will receive an email notification when results are available in your account.
- If you know your MRN (Medical Record Number) and need to recover your username and/or password please access the “Forgot Username?” or “Forgot Password?” links on the MyUofMHealth site or the MyUofMHealthmobile app.
- If you need help accessing your MyUofMHealth account, please contact the Patient Portal Help Desk at (734) 615-0872, option 1 from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m., Monday through Friday or 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. on Saturday.
- You should plan to keep an electronic copy of your test results and print a copy for your records.
- If you need further help accessing your results, please call Michigan Medicine Laboratories Customer Service at: (800) 862-7284.
Collection & Procedure
The collection procedure takes roughly 30 seconds and is uncomfortable. You will place a flexible sterile swab into both of your nostrils and rotate several times to collect cells and mucus. Please see the attached document about what to expect during your COVID-19 test or watch this video.
Testing is an important proactive step in early detection and mitigating the spread of the virus. We strongly encourage you to participate and hope that you can help do your part and register to get tested.
Contact EHS at (810) 766-6763 or email Flint.EHS@umich.edu.