Give to the Student Affairs Opportunity Fund. This fund is available to individual students and student organizations to support initiatives aimed at enhancing the development of students, student groups/clubs, and the broader campus community. Funds will be used for leadership development, new and continuing co-curricular activities, and student-sponsored events such as:
- Student attendance at NCORE, the National Conference on Race & Ethnicity in American Higher Education. The NCORE conference series constitutes the most comprehensive national forum on issues of race and ethnicity in American higher education.
- Fraternity & Sorority participation in the Association of Fraternal Leadership and Values Central Conference (AFLV). AFLV provides experiences that challenge and encourage fraternity/sorority members to live ethical values and implement best practices. AFLV is the showcase for cutting-edge Fraternity/Sorority programming, technology, thinking, and concepts.
- Student organization recognition at state and regional events such as: UM-Flint's Theta Tau Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. selected "College Chapter of the Year" at their Michigan District Conference.
- Student Involvement in the Golden Key International Honour Society. Founded by a group of undergraduate students and faculty members at Georgia State University in 1977, Golden Key's motto is: To enable members to realize their potential through the advancement of academics, leadership and service. Flint Chapter members attended Golden Key's Annual Summit in Boston, summer 2014.
Options available to give to the Student Affairs Opportunity Fund:
- Contact the Office of Development and Alumni Relations: 810-424-5482
- Make a gift online (www.giving.umich.edu/give/flint-sog)
- Mail your gift to:
Office of Development
1001 Northbank Center
303 E. Kearsley St
Flint, MI 48502-1950
Make checks payable to: University of Michigan-Flint and designate the Student Affairs Opportunity Fund.