The specialization in Early Childhood is available to students completing the UM-Flint Elementary Education Program who seek Michigan elementary education certification with an early childhood specialization.
Thirty-one credits as follows:
All requirements of the Program in Elementary Education .
B. Early childhood specialization (31 credits)
- ECE 100 - Foundations of Early Childhood Education (3)
- ECE 225 - Play and Learning in Early Childhood Education (3)
- ECE 233 - Infant/Toddler Learning Environments (3)
- ECE 235 - Working with Families, Children and Community (3)
- ECE 240 - Child Guidance and Classroom Management (3)
- ECE 340 - Constructivist Teaching with Young Children (3)
- ECE 343 - Emergent Literacy (3)
- ECE 420 - Young Children with Special Needs (4)
- ECE 440 - Assessment in Early Childhood and Elementary Education (3)
- ECE 469 - Fieldwork in Early Childhood Education (3)