Scholarships & Funding Opportunities
There are several scholarships available to Engineering students at UM-Flint:
- James H. and Sara Burnham Memorial Scholarship
- Ralph M. and Emmalyn E. Freeman Computer Science, Engineering, and Physics Scholarship
- Quamrul Mazumder Engineering Scholarship
- Physics/Engineering Science Emergency Fund
- David G. Zick Scholarship
Each scholarship has additional requirements for eligibility. Be sure to check the UM-Flint scholarship page for more information on available funding and requirements.
- James H. and Sara Burnham Memorial Scholarship: For junior or senior students in good standing whose circumstances demonstrate financial need. Preference is given to students concentrating in engineering, science, nursing, or education. Full- or part-time students may apply. Scholarship preference is for a married student.
- Ralph M. and Emmalyn E. Freeman Computer Science, Engineering, and Physics Scholarship: For juniors, seniors, or graduate students majoring in Computer Science, Engineering, or Physics with a minimum 3.2 GPA.
- Quamrul Mazumder Engineering Scholarship: This scholarship is intended for international, first and second-generation immigrant students with a declared major in engineering. Applicants must have a 2.5 GPA and have completed at least two core courses 300+ in mechanical engineering with a grade of C or better. This is for both Undergraduate and Graduate students in mechanical engineering.
- Physics/Engineering Science Emergency Fund: This scholarship is developed for students experiencing a documented emergency which has jeopardized the ability to remain in school. Applicants must be undergraduate students majoring in Physics or Engineering Science, as well as attending either full- or part-time. Applicants must also have a minimum GPA of 2.7. Contact the Physics/Engineering Department for consideration and application instructions.
- David G. Zick Scholarship: Open to both full- and part-time undergraduate Physic and Engineering Science students. Applicants must have at least a 2.7 GPA (freshman Physics and Engineering Science students must have an entering 2.7 high school GPA).
CAS Opportunity Fund
The CAS Opportunity Fund provides additional funding for students, faculty, & staff to pursue research projects, travel, professional development, and more.