Information for Faculty

Questions regarding General Education should be directed to the Associate Provost and Dean of Undergraduate Studies, Shelby Newport at or 810-762-3177

New for Fall 2019: Faculty Teaching Circle for First Year Experience - discussion surrounding the First Year Experience courses (UNV 100). If interested, contact Shelby Newport. 

PLEASE NOTE: The moratorium on new general education designation requests was lifted on March 13, 2018. Requests for General Education course designations can now be made by submitting course proposal forms through Curriculog.  Anyone is able to log into Curriculog to view submitted proposals, but for the first year of implementation, access for submission of proposals will be limited to two people per department/program.  Please contact the Registrar’s Office to find out who can submit proposals for your department/program or for assistance with submitting the form itself.

The link for Curriculog is

Key documents and forms are provided below for faculty use. For other pertinent information regarding the GECC, please visit the General Education Curriculum Committee (FAC.GECC) Organization on Blackboard.