GIS Center Mission
The GIS Center’s (GISC) mission is to leverage interdisciplinary collaborations in the use of geospatial technology (GIS, Remote Sensing, GPS) for research, education, and community service.
GIS Center Vision
The University of Michigan-Flint GIS Center will:
- Cultivate opportunities for students and researchers to complete innovative, high-level GIS analysis and research.
- Create an avenue of geospatial education for K-12 students, college students, and other professionals.
- Promote the use of GIS as a tool to help solve existing and future challenges in Flint and the surrounding regions.
- The faculty, staff, and students associated with the GISC have a combined experience of 30 + years in GIS development and applications. All of us have a common interest and expertise in GIS, cartography, and spatial analysis.
- The GISC conducts and disseminates GIS education and research to meet the needs of local businesses, non-profit organizations, and government offices that will increase your organization's capacity to use GIS tools efficiently and effectively.
- The Center provides faculty and students with the resources and expertise needed to enhance their spatial education and facilitate the incorporation of GIS technology into their disciplines.
- The Center supports ESRI ArcGIS software for most GIS use, as well as related hardware (large-format printing and GPS) and associated remote sensing and cartographic software packages.