The undergraduate certificate in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is a curriculum designed specifically for students, pre-professionals, and current professionals. Various geospatial technologies are used in the program, such as: Remote Sensing, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Global Positioning Systems (GPS), and programming. The certificate will serve to complement a student’s major degree, especially if there is an interest and need for cartography, database management, or spatial analysis skills. Above all, the certificate ensures that students and professionals have a solid theoretical understanding of spatial concepts, and equipped with the tools to analyse real-world problems.
The program offers:
- A broad-based curriculum
- Internationally recognized faculty
- Hands-on training from leading GIS professionals
- A diverse and active student body
- State-of-the-art facilities and resources
- Flexible scheduling options, including courses offered in late-afternoons, evenings; and mixed-mode and online classes to accommodate students who work full-time