Message from the Registrar's Office
Dear Tentative April 2020 Graduate,
As the Winter semester draws to a close, we would like to remind you of a few important details regarding graduation.
- All course work must be submitted by the end of the term in order to graduate. If you have specialty exams for your major, incompletes, portfolios or presentations to wrap up they must be submitted to your department before May 4th. Please reach out to your advisor if you have any questions.
- If you miss this deadline, you will need to change to the next graduation date (August 2020).
- Please log into your SIS account and review your graduation application to verify that your diploma mailing address is correct. If it is NOT correct, please complete and submit the ‘Update Graduation Application’ form to make the necessary changes.
- If you will not be graduating after this current term (Winter 2020) please use the ‘Update Graduation Application’ form on your SIS account to change your graduation date.
- Please note that because of these unprecedented circumstances, our April 2020 graduation processes will be slightly delayed. We will be officially conferring degrees for our April 2020 graduates in mid-May. Our tentative date for final transcripts and diplomas to be ordered is on or around May 18, 2020. Please allow 4-6 weeks after your degree is posted to receive your diploma.
- Due to COVID-19, the April 26, 2020 Commencement Ceremony has been canceled. A tentative Commencement Ceremony is rescheduled for Sunday, August 16, 2020. Please stay tuned for updates.
- Stay Connected to Campus and Each Other:
- Alumni Relations adds value to the alumni experience through fostering university spirit and managing communications. Our programs are designed to build leadership, create traditions, support students, and foster connections among our 47,000 alumni.
- The most important thing you can do to stay connected to UM-Flint is keep your preferred contact information updated. Keeping your information updated:
- Ensures you receive updates from the campus and your academic department including our monthly alumni e-newsletter
- Connects you with other alumni through Alumni Relations programing and events
- Ensures you receive helpful information from the UM-Flint Career Center
- Link to contact info form
Take care and stay well