About the Office of Graduate Programs
The Office of Graduate Programs strives to provide quality service to prospective and current University of Michigan-Flint graduate students and to faculty, staff, and alumni. In a culture of student-centeredness, the mission of the Office of Graduate Programs is to:
- Provide prospective and current graduate students with a nurturing and supportive environment focused on assisting them in accomplishing their academic goals.
- Assist academic programs to actively recruit a diverse graduate student population by collaborating with the deans and graduate program directors.
- Provide seamless application and admission processes for graduate students.
- Foster close collaborations between the academic programs and other university units in recruitment and admissions efforts.
- provide the highest quality graduate education;
- build on the rich experiences and expertise of faculty and students;
- foster personal and intellectual growth, meet the needs of persons seeking graduate education for entry into careers, or to enhance and expand career options;
- promote thoughtful inquiry for discovery, expression, and constructive activity on behalf of self, others, or society; and
- strive to accommodate the diverse needs of part-time and full-time students with multiple life roles.