English Proficiency

If English is not your native language, even if you are currently a U.S. citizen or permanent resident and regardless of how long you have resided or been educated in the U.S.*, you must demonstrate English proficiency by providing evidence through one of the following methods:

*If you are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident and wish to waive this requirement, you may make your case to the director of your program of application.  The director, in turn, must make the case to the Dean of Graduate Programs.  You must provide sufficient evidence that you have the requisite English proficiency.  Please note that some programs or departments may prohibit exceptions to the requirements.

**The university reserves the right to require an applicant to provide other evidence of English proficiency if independent sources cannot verify that the language of instruction was exclusively English.

Physician Assistant (MS) applicants: see the MSPA page for details on English Proficiency requirements.