We will be giving away Door prizes!
Must be a newly admitted student for the winter semester to enter drawing. Must be present to win.
Thursday, January 3, 2019 | 5:00 p.m.*
The Office of Graduate Programs is hosting an orientation for newly admitted graduate students on Thursday, January 3. The orientation will be from approximately 5:00-7:00 p.m. in the Michigan Rooms of the University Center. (Note: International students also have an international orientation they are required to attend.)
We welcome all new graduate students to attend the first parts of the general orientation from 5:00 - 6:00 p.m. At 6:00 p.m., faculty and staff advisors from the following graduate programs will be available to talk to you about your program and answer any questions that you may have:
- Arts Administration (MA)
- Biology (MS)
- Computer Science and Information Systems (MS)
- Early Childhood Education (MA)
- Educational Technology (MA)
- English Language and Literature (MA)
- Liberal Studies (MA)
- Literacy Education (MA)
- Mathematics (MA)
- Mechanical Engineering (MSE)
- Public Administration (MPA)
- Public Health (MPH)
- Social Sciences (MA)
*If your program is not listed above, please refer to the bottom of the page for additional information on program specific orientations.
The event will include remarks from university officials followed by presentations that will orient new students to various campus services:
- Obtain your UM-Flint parking permit
- Buy books in the University of Michigan-Flint Bookstore
- Receive your student identification card, the M-Card
- Speak with a financial aid representative
- Register for courses
- Hear from departments on-campus such as Public Safety and Frances Willson Thompson Library.
If you plan to attend the Graduate Student Orientation, we ask that you RSVP to the Office of Graduate Programs by logging in to SIS at http://sis.umflint.edu and visiting the New Student Menu, or by contacting us at email@example.com or (810) 762-3171.
Simply by attending you will receive a free gift and will be entered into the drawing to win our door prizes! Please note you must be present to win.
If you are unable to attend the orientation, we encourage you to contact your advisor to select courses and discuss your program.