Campus Resources


Most graduate programs assign a faculty advisor to students upon admission.  Please contact your department and/or the Office of Graduate Programs for additional information.


The UM-Flint Barnes & Noble bookstore is located on the first floor of the University Pavilion.  The store offers convenience items, textbooks, apparel, book buyback and other items.  During the fall and winter semesters, the bookstore is typically open during the following days/times:

Monday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Tuesday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Wednesday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Thursday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Friday 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Saturday/Sunday CLOSED

Counseling, Accessibility, and Psychological Services (CAPS)

The Counseling, Accessibility and Psychological Services office offers a number of services to current UM-Flint students:

  1. Tutoring
  2. Counseling
  3. Accessibility Services

Career Services

The Career Center offers comprehesive career and professional development services to UM-Flint students and alumni.

Services include:

  • Career Library
  • Internship Program
  • Career Connection
  • Career Assessments
  • On Campus Recruiting
  • Career Fairs
  • Career Counseling, Career/Job Search Strategies
  • Workshops/Classroom Presentations

Computer Labs

There are five open computer labs on campus, one in each academic building:

  • 206 Murchie Science Building
  • 205 French Hall
  • 3174 William S. White Building
  • Frances Willson Thompson Library
  • Riverfront Lab


There are a number of dining options for students while on campus.  The University Pavilion offers a variety of different food vendors including pizza, Middle eastern cuisine, grill fare, smoothies and a Subway®.  Please note that many of these establishments close before 5:00 p.m.

The UCEN Food Court is located on the third floor of the University Center.  Items such as freshly made salads, sandwiches, convenience items and microwavable meals to go are available. Café Blue, on the first floor of the University Center, offers Starbucks coffee, baked goods and grab and go items such as sandwiches, salads, fruit, etc.

Early Childhood Development Center

The Early Childhood Development Center is located in the William S. White Building.  The center is open from 6:30 am – 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and offers full-time and part-time programs for children from the age of eight weeks to four years.


There are a number of housing options for graduate students at the University of Michigan-Flint.  While we do not accomodate graduate students in the residence hall on-campus, the Riverfront Residence Hall offers 1, 2, 3 and 4-bedroom suites and studios for both undergraduate and graduate students. Other housing options for graduate students are listed on the Housing and Residential Life website.

Information Technology Services (ITS)

Information Technology Services provides the UM-Flint community with a wide range of computing, data networking, classroom technology, and multimedia and web services.  They also provide CD/DVD duplication, discounts on Apple and Dell systems and sell software such as Microsoft Windows, Office and Adobe Creative Studio at exceptional discounts to students.  The ITS Help Desk can provide solutions pertaining to connectivity problems and answer basic questions regarding ITS supported software or services.


The Frances Willson Thompson Library offers a collection of over 200,000 books, along with 30,000 bound magazines and journals.  UM-Flint students also have access to library resources at all University of Michigan campuses, including Ann Arbor and Dearborn.

Mcard and Parking Pass

M-Card & Parking Pass Procedures*: Students must be registered for courses before they can pick up Mcard and Parking Pass


1. Log onto

2. Upload a photo as outlined in the photo requirements – you will receive an email confirmation if the photo you submitted was accepted or rejected. If rejected, please submit a new photo following the guidelines.

3. Pick up your Mcard at your orientation session or on-campus at your convenience.

Be sure to complete this process no later than three days prior to your arrival to campus in order to have your M-card available for pick-up.


1. Go to and click on ‘Parking’ in the Dashboard menu

2. Register your vehicle

3. Pick up your parking pass at orientation

4. This parking pass will be valid for one academic year.

You must complete both of these processes online in order to receive these items. If you do not do them prior to coming to campus, you can pick up both of these items at a later date in the ITS Computer Lab in 206 Murchie Science Building.

*If you still have an Mcard that hasn’t expired from when you were an undergraduate student, this is still a good card; you do not need to get a new one until it expires.

Printing Services

The Department of Printing Services, located on the first floor of the University Center offers copying services to students of UM-Flint at a discounted price. Services include:

  • Black and white copies
  • Color copies
  • Cards
  • Flyers
  • Mailing Labels
  • Name Badges

Public Safety

The Department of Public Safety is responsible for providing a safe environment on campus properties which are owned, leased, or opereated by the University of Michigan-Flint.  Their goals are to prevent crime on campus and to protect and assist students, faculty, staff and visitors to the campus with security related problems.  These problems include flat tire repair, assistance with keys locked in a vehicle, and jumping a dead batter among many others.  Escort service is available 24-hours-a-day, 7-days-a-week for all members of the University of Michigan-Flint community.  If you are in need of an escort, call the department and give your name, location and destination.  A safety employee will be glad to meet you and walk you to your car or other campus destination.

Recreation Center

As a University of Michigan-Flint student, you rececive free access to the Recreation Center.  Features include:

  • Heated swimming pool with four lanes for lap swimming and a separate area for aquatic fitness
  • Whirlpool spa
  • Indoor track
  • Free weight room
  • Cybex weight room
  • Cardio-fitness equipment
  • Six racquetball courts
  • Volleyball
  • Badminton
  • Walleyball
  • Basketball
  • Dry saunas for men and women

Fitness classes are also offered throughout the week.  For additional information, please refer to the Recreation Center website.


The Registrar's Office provides support for students.  Services include registration, course catalog and schedule preparation, enrollment verification, graduation audits, maintenance of student records, and Veteran Affairs.  They also maintain and provide transcripts upon request.

Veteran's Resource Center

The Student Veterans Support Program (SVSP) assists student veterans with their transition from military life to civilian student.  It is open to Student Veterans only.