The CASPer test is required for entry into the MS, Physician Assistant (MSPA) program.
- CASPer Test- go to www.takeCASPer.com, complete the American Professional Health Sciences (CSP10101).
- Test is only valid for ONE admissions cycle
- The CASPer Test - Computer-Based Assessment for Sampling Personal Characteristics
- All applicants to the UM-Flint PA Program are required to complete an online assessment (CASPer), to assist with our selection process for the 2021 Application Cycle. Successful completion of CASPer is mandatory in order to maintain admission eligibility.
- CASPer is an online test which assesses for non-cognitive skills and interpersonal characteristics that we believe are important for successful students and graduates of our program, and will complement the other tools that we use for applicant screening. In implementing CASPer, we are trying to further enhance fairness and objectivity in our selection process.
- In order to take CASPer, you will be responsible for securing access to a computer with audio capabilities, a webcam, and a reliable internet connection on your selected test date. CASPer can be taken practically anywhere that you can satisfy the aforementioned requirements. No exceptions will be provided for applicants unable to take CASPer online due to being located at sites where internet is not dependable due to technical or political factors.
- Please go to www.takeCASPer.com to sign up for the American Professional Health Sciences test (CSP10101) and reserve a test using your identification information and a piece of government-issued photo ID. You will be provided with a limited number of testing dates and times. Please note that these are the only testing dates available for your CASPer test. There will be no additional tests scheduled. Please use an email address that you check regularly; there may be updates to the test schedule.
- Please direct any inquiries on the test to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you may use the chat bubble in the bottom right hand corner of your screen on the takecasper.com website.
- The CASPer test is comprised of 12 sections of video and written scenarios. Following each scenario, you will be required to answer a set of probing questions under a time contract. The test typically takes between 75-90 minutes to complete. Each response is graded by a different rater, giving a very robust and reliable view of personal and professional characteristics important to our program. No studying is required for CASPer, although you may want to familiarize yourself with the test structure at takeCASPer.com, and ensure you have a quiet environment to take the test.
- CASPer test results are valid for one admissions cycle. Applicants who have already taken the test in previous years will therefore be expected to re-take it.