Admitted students of specific programs are required to submit an enrollment deposit to secure their place. The following programs require deposits:
Business Administration (MBA)
Physical Therapy - Entry Level (DPT)
If your program is not listed, a deposit is not required. The deposit is non-refundable, but is credited to your account toward payment of tuition, fees, and other charges.
The Cashier's Office will charge a 2.75% fee on all enrollment deposits made using a credit card. This fee is being assessed to be consistent with the same fee being assessed on credit card charges for tuition. If you don't wish to pay the fee, you have the option of sending a check or money order drawn on a U.S. bank.
Paying the Deposit Online
To pay the enrollment deposit online using the Student Information System (SIS):
- If you have not already, go to http://my.umflint.edu to set up your uniqname and UMID; click on Account in the upper right corner and then Login. From here, you will select New Student.
- Log into SIS: https//sis.umflint.edu with your uniqname
- Access the New Students Menu
- Click Pay Graduate Enrollment Deposit
- Select your program from the dropdown list, and click submit
- Complete the credit card information to pay the fee and submit the enrollment deposit payment
Paying the Deposit by Check or Money Order
Enrollment deposits can be made by check or money order as follows:
At the Cashiers/Student Accounts Office during regular office hours (M-F 8:30-5)
The Cashiers/Student Accounts drop box. A secure drop site for payments located outside the Cashier office (261 UPAV), available anytime the building is open.
Mailed to the Cashiers/Student Accounts Office. Please address all mail as follows:
University of Michigan-Flint
Cashiers/Student Accounts Office
261 University Pavilion
Flint, MI 48502-1950
Please remember to always include the name and UMID of the student on the check. Also include a note that the check is an "Enrollment Deposit for _________ (term)." For example:
Name: Maize Ann Blue
Enrollment Deposit for Fall 2011
A $20.00 charge is applied to all returned checks. In addition, returned checks related to hold releases for registration will result in disenrollment with applicable fees.