At the University of Michigan-Flint, we want you to focus on starting your university experience strong. That’s why we offer scholarships to new MA in Literacy Education students.
The Dean's Distinguished Graduate Student Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship awarded competitively to new students who have achieved and have the potential to achieve a high level of academic success. No additional application is required. The number of awards is limited.
SCHOLARSHIP GUIDELINES AND INFORMATION
- Must be a newly admitted, first-time graduate student to the UM-Flint MA in Literacy Education program for Fall 2018
- Must apply for admission for Fall 2018 no later than June 1, 2018; all supporting application documents also due by June 1
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25 (4.0 scale)
- Half-time enrollment (4 or more credits) in each semester awarded
- Each award is $3000, split over four semesters
- Scholarships applied directly to student's account for tuition, mandatory fees, and course-related fees only; not refundable for any other expenses
In addition to this scholarship which requires no separate application, there are a number of other scholarships open to all graduate students. For those, you must be admitted before June 1, and then submit the online scholarship application to be considered for the additional scholarships.