The Dean's Distinguished Graduate Student Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship awarded competitively to new students who have achieved and have the potential to achieve a high level of academic success. The number of awards is limited.
Scholarship Guidelines and Requirements
- Must be a newly admitted, first-time domestic doctoral student to the UM-Flint Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP): Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner program for Fall 2020.
- This is the only DNP concentration available for the Dean's Distinguished scholarship.
- Must apply for admission for Fall 2020 no later than June 1, 2020; all supporting application documents also due by June 1.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25 (4.0 scale).
- Half-time enrollment (4 or more credits) in each semester awarded.
- Each award is $3000, split equally over two subsequent semesters.
- Scholarships applied directly to student's account for tuition, mandatory fees, and course-related fees only; not refundable for any other expenses.
- Students must submit a short essay, 250-500 words, to the question: Why have you chosen to pursue this degree?
- Essays submitted via form here.
- Selections will be made after the June 1 deadline.
In addition to this scholarship which requires no separate application, there are a number of other scholarships and Graduate Student Research Assistantships open to all graduate students. For those, you must be admitted prior to June 1, and then submit the online scholarship application to be considered for the additional scholarships.