- Nickname: Theta Chi
- Colors: Military Red and White
- Flower: Red Carnation
- Motto: Θηρόποεα Χείρ - an “Assisting Hand”
- Symbol: Rattlesnake
- Chapter Name: Zeta Tau
- Values: Our Aim’s/Principals/Values can be found in the Creed of Theta Chi:
“I believe in Theta Chi, its traditions and its ideals. Born of sturdy manhood, nurtured by resolute men, ennobled by high and sacred purpose, it has taken its place among the educational institutions of America as a promoter of knowledge, an advancer of culture and a builder of character."
"It inspires true friendship: teaches truth, temperance and tolerance, extols virtue, exacts harmony, and extends a helping hand to all who seek it."
“I believe in the primacy of alma mater; in the usefulness of my fraternity, in its influence and its accomplishments and I shall do all in my power to perpetuate its ideals, thereby serving my God, my country and my fellow-man.”
- Purpose: To better and improve the lives and experiences of men who seek to better themselves through brotherly bonds.
- Mission: “To develop and provide financial resources to promote the academic, leadership, and service ideals”
- Maxim: “Alma Mater First and Theta Chi for Alma Mater”
The Fraternity Maxim is used in Theta Chi to emphasize our commitment to the missions of the institutions where Theta Chi is present. We believe that our members share a lifelong responsibility to be active participants in campus affairs and their local communities.
- National Founding Date: April 10, 1856
- Local Founding Date: May 17th, 1969 Original / April 27th, 1991 Re-Chartered
- Examples of programs host or Philanthropy:
- Week of the Assisting Hand (Week long philanthropy and community service events)
- Relay for Life
- Campus Campout
- Theta Chi Pie-a-Guy
- Highway Clean Up
- Park Clean Up (City of Flint Parks)
- North End Soup Kitchen
- Carriage Town Ministries